The Special Interest Vehicle Association was formed to cater for the interests of people who have vehicles which are a little out of the ordinary...
An incorporated body with affiliation to the Council of Motoring Clubs, SIVA is socially oriented and provides members with an excellent forum to maximize enjoyment of their unusual vehicles.
Our aims set out in the Club Constitution are:
- To foster preservation and restoration of historic motor vehicles in manufacturers’ original specification.
- To facilitate the enjoyment of these vehicles by participation in events, shows and gatherings.
- To encourage interest by the younger generation in the appreciation and understanding of historic motor vehicle history and engineering.
- To encourage interest in Automobilia amongst members as a support for preservation and restoration activities.
- To assist and encourage fellow members with restoration projects.
- To help promote and maintain Western Australia’s automotive history and heritage.
- To liaise with other groups and organizations of a similar interest.
The club has many fascinating members with a very broad interest in vehicles. Their knowledge and expertise can be extremely helpful to fellow members in researching and restoring vehicles.
An informative monthly newsletter is sent to members. Regular meetings are held at members’ homes and other places of interest and a calendar of events is set for each year. These events include displays, runs and visits to places of interest.
A very low membership fee is designed to help make the club as accessible as possible to all people who are interested. Club fees are presently just $30 per year. It is not necessary to own a vehicle to join and participate in our activities.
If you’re interested in becoming a member, complete a membership application and send it to the address shown. The Club will contact you with details of forthcoming meetings and events which we would encourage you to attend. We’re keen to welcome new members.